Friday, March 1, 2013

February 27, 2013
Today has been busy, first off wasa a ride to York Technical College to take two exams. One was in Accounting 101 - Accounting Principles and the other was in Accounting 240 - Computerized Accounting. I feel like I was able to do really well on the exams. In between exams, Ms. Emily Salisbury and I had brunch at Bob Evans Restaurant in Rock Hill, SC. We had an enjoyable meal together. After my second exam, we went to Sonic on Celanese in Rock Hill, SC for a shake and a hug from my daughter. I miss my daughter being in my home and I feel lonely most of the time now. She has been out of my home for almost two months now. My home feels empty without her here. It'd been just the two of us for the last 13 and 1/2 years. Last night, I read five chapters in Genesis from my new NLT Bible. The NLT, New Living Translation, makes reading the Bible just as easy as ready any Christian fiction novel. I believe that I'm going to enjoy reading my new Bible.
Read Genesis Chapters 1-5:
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. God is stating that He is the Creator, He is in control of the world, the universe. It states heavens, so how many heavens are there. It implies that there is more than one heaven but only one earth. What does it mean to have more than one heaven. Does the term heaven also refer to the galaxy where the stars and planets exist as well as to the Heaven in which God is preparing a place for Christians one day? God is eternal, He existed before the world began and still exists today and will continue to exist in the future. We are valuable in God's eyes. We are more important than the animals. How can one tell this? God put man to rule over the animals, He put us in charge, responsible, for taking care of all the animals that exist on the earth. Human worth is not based on our possessions but on our being made in the image of God. We are unique in this fact, no other creation from God was or is made in His likeness but the human race. Why did He make us in His image? He made us in His image because He loves us. When we criticize ourselves, we are criticizing the work of God implying that He made a mistake. God doesn't make mistakes. God made us and has given us our abilities. How can we criticize what God has made and what He has given us? How God we judge God's creation and say it is not good when God Himself declared HIs creation good? All our tasks should be honoring to God. I know we all make mistakes, myself included, but there's where God's forgiveness comes into the picture. We  must only ask Him and He will forgive us. The good thing is that He not only forgives us but He also forgets, wipes our sins away as if there never existed. Praise the Lord! It is important to note that genealogies were included in the Bible to confirm the Bible's promise of the coming Messiah, Jesus Christ. Genealogies point out that we are important to God as individuals. Each person is a valuable and unique creation of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment